Friday, October 24, 2008

Heading Back Home

After witnessing a thrilling game one win in person and seeing a game two that wasn't quite so fun on TV, I am flying back to Philadelphia for game four. If tomorrow night gets rained out, then there's the potential that I won't see a game at all. Since I don't feel like doing my Econ homework, how about I do a live blog about my trip home?

11:42- I've been sitting at gate F87 at TPA for about twenty minutes now. My flight for Pittsburgh leaves at 1:30, and it looks like the weather will clear up enough to get out of here on time. I just realized that I forgot my Underarmour in my room, which will make for a chilly night Sunday. How do you forget the one thing you need to remember most?

12:05- I guess I just arrived at a different terminal last time I was here, but there is literally nothing to eat here. There's a Chili's to go, but I don't want to spend that much money on lunch at an airport. Why do you put all of your restaurants in the plaza thing? You know we can't get there after we go through security.

12:23- The Phillies just made it official. If game three does in fact get rained out, those tickets will be honored on Sunday. That means I will be flying up for absolutely nothing because I can't stay through Monday. Unbelievable. How much sense does that make? Now, three sets of people are going to have to adjust their plans instead of just one if they made the game three people go on Tuesday.

12:53- I should likely take out my headphones while that attendant is talking. Hopefully I didn't miss anything important. I'm going to see if I can squeeze in last night's Office before we take off.

12:56- NBC informs me that I can't watch the video from my current location. Huge blow.

1:00- Sounds like we're starting to board. I'll be back in Pittsburgh. I'm hoping for some nice food.

No comments: