Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My National Breakthrough

Finally, the exposure I needed.

Okay, it was only getting a couple questions answered in Jim Callis' BaseballAmerica chat, but let's talk about it anyway. Yes, three updates in, and I'm already breaking my one sport per season rule.

Scott (Philadelphia): If you did have an east coast bias, wouldn't you at least answer one question about the Phillies? Will Drabek recover from TJ?

SportsNation Jim Callis: (2:51 PM ET ) I forgot to mention the Phillies . . . No reason Kyle Drabek can't recover, because the TJ track record is good. But he is kind of flaky and still has to prove that his makeup won't be an issue. It's a bigger setback for him than most, I think, because he hadn't had much pro success and probably won't get his killer curve back until 2009 or even 2010.

The East Coast Bias thing is from earlier in which he said he's going to answer one question for each team before repeating teams, and it took him a while to get to the Phillies.

Kyle Drabek surgery had Tommy John surgery early in the 2007 season, and as a former first round pick, the Phillies have high hopes for him. He still has a lot of potential, but as Callis said, he has some things to work out so he can live up to it.

Scott (Philadelphia): Michael Bourn or Quinten (sic) Berry?

SportsNation Jim Callis: (2:54 PM ET ) Bourn.

This was the first question of the lightning round that ends his chats. I was just trying to get something in so I picked a Phillies prospect and a guy in the majors he compares to. I agree with Callis' answer.

No comments: