Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tim Redding Presented Bill Mueller Career Achievement Trophy

After his domination of the Phillies on Monday, Tim Redding was presented with the 2008 Bill Mueller Career Achievement Award. This honor, presented by Phillies Chairman Bill Giles, is given to the player who excels in defeating the Phillies. In two 2008 starts against them, Redding is 2-0 without giving up a single run.

"Any time you can help the team, it's great," said Redding in the clubhouse after Monday's start. "I didn't know there was an award for beating the Phillies, but I hope I can defend my title in 2009."

Redding, despite having a career ERA of 4.74, has always shown up against the Phillies. In 8 career starts, his ERA is just 2.34 with a 4-2 record. He actually spent 2006 in the minor leagues but found life with Washington in 2007. He's now doing better than ever.

"I attribute it to working hard to get back to the level I know I can compete in and also being in the Phillies division. In the NL East, there's a great chance I take the hill against them, and that just kind of makes you focus more."

No comments: