Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Triumphant Return To Blogging

I've been working on my investigative report on Yankee Stadium in my spare time. My real job has been taking cuts off of pitchers like Josh Newman and Chris Sampson. 35 runs in two games is impressive. Let's not get shut down tonight.

I would feel bad for the Rockies, but their domination of the Phillies in the playoffs last year has left a bitter taste in my mouth. They are really banged up, and they weren't as good as they finished last year to begin with. Some of their starters haven't performed the way Colorado expected them to, and the back end of their bullpen hasn't been good either. Not to mention their lineup; they're missing Matt Holliday, Brad Hawpe, Garrett Atkins and Troy Tulo Tulo Tulowitski. With a bunch of players from Colorado Springs up, they're a very beatable team, and the Phillies should be able to continue to bury them.

My hope for Wednesday is for Adam Eaton to not put his team in a hole early. The last two times I've gone, the starters have gotten down right away, and it's tough to always climb out of a hole. Greg Reynolds will be fun to watch, but they should be able to hit his fastball.

No comments: