Sunday, June 1, 2008

Wii Sports

This is loosely related to sports, so I'm going to post it here.

I played a Nintendo Wii for the first time yesterday, and I had a blast. Mario Galaxy was a lot of fun, but that has little to do with sports at all. I hope to get one of these systems very soon.

I started off with Wii Tennis. Once I figured out the timing to hit the ball with my front player, this one became very easy. This was still one of the more relaxing games, and it was nice to take a break from some of the other ones with Tennis.

Baseball was surprisingly hard. I was a mediocre at best player for ten years, but I still expected to have some success. Instead, I was met with a loss every game I tried to play. I couldn't hit, and I couldn't pitch. The fielders couldn't field. It was a disaster. When I actually get this, I'm going to have to improve my skills badly.

Wii Boxing was surprisingly easy the first time around. I won my fight in the third round by KO, and the opponent was lucky he held on that long. I kept missing my headshots with my left hand though, and I don't know what I need to do to get them to land. I made my living with my non dominant hand, and I really didn't have to do much to defend myself.

The Bowling game reflects my actual bowling ability. I can get in the low to mid 100's with a few decent rolls and a few chokes. I was unable to get a strike in the entire game, but I picked up 6 or 7 spares. I was not able to perfect my roll and just repeat the same motion every time.

Surprisingly, I picked up on Wii Golf pretty quickly. I'm no expert, but I was able to hang around par on the first two courses on my first couple tries. The putting game is tough, but my short game is very good. The distance gauge on the overhead map is very misleading, but once I got past that, I was set.

All in all, it was a very fun experience. My next purchase has to be one of these things, but it might be tough without a job.

No comments: